Home

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rain rain. Rain rain. Rain rain.

The rains are here and everything is green and puddly and squelchy. Some people are going "wheee!" and some people are behaving like the Wicked Witch of the West. I am ignoring everyone and silently rejoicing while worrying myself sick as to the fate of my beautiful new phone.

Come monsoon and my streetside bhel cravings shoot up exponentially. I wish last year's jaundice hadn't made me so boring.

Jaundice is such an ugly word.

People get whole new disposable lives just before the rains begin. Cheap new bags are bought so that expensive leather ones don't get ruined. Brightly coloured rubber slip ons that everyone has are bought in bulk.  People start keeping mini wardrobes in their office drawers, and all whites are snubbed like street dogs snub the Parle-G biscuits I try so hard to feed them.


This is what happened the last time I persisted in feeding a dog Parle-G biscuits.


I wish we had portable monsoon kits. The type I'm imagining would fit in my wallet and look like a thick-ish credit card. With one press of a button, it would expand into a nice attaché case containing a toothbrush, new chaddis and one change of clothes. But alas, that is not to be.

We all need Hermione bags. 


1 comments:

moon mukherjee said...

What a practical thought!