Home

Monday, February 20, 2012

Death of the performing monkey who never danced very well anyway.


I'm going to stop attempting to entertain and be my normal boring self from now. I will try to blog a bit more regularly. I will try not to blog about local trains all the time.

I've been trying very hard to be funny and witty and engaging all the time and now it's all gone. I'm burnt out. Even I don't find what I have to say remotely interesting anymore. This is why I have all but retired from Twitter. It's a shame because I've met some absolutely fantastic people there and I hope I'm still invited to hang out with them from time to time.

So enough contrived jokes and enough attention seeking. This is Step One of many following which I may eventually turn into a grey spinster lady who only talks about her cat.

I've recently taken an unhealthy interest in the stock market. Let me clarify that I don't know the first thing about investing, but I am hooked. Since I am almost penniless, I'm playing around with itty bitty bits of money that most people who do this on a regular basis would chortle at but OMG THIS IS FUN. Whenever I make a notional profit (see what big big terms I'm using!) of 5 bucks, I get thrilled. That’s one whole 5 star. FOR FREE. I found out today was a bank holiday and that meant the markets would be closed and I went into depression. I wants my Sensex. I NEED it.

After zero physical activity for the 6 months following my accident, I had bloated like a giant scarred blimp. I was recently informed that I can start running once more which absolutely thrilled me and I'm trying my best to be healthy again. I run around 4 times a week, I'm trying to up that to running everyday. I do my physiotherapy semi-regularly and I'm trying to cut down on my junk food intake. Hopefully I should be an acceptable size in a few months.

Next year I shall run the marathon. Doing that has always been on my bucket list and after the game of twister I played with that car and that truck, I thought I would never get to do that again. Sincere effort shall be made.

I will try to read more, I will try to write more and I will try to get myself out of this uber-cozy little rut that I've settled into.

Byebye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morepowertoyou.

Bhargavi said...

babe, accident? what happened?I risked sounding like a nosy aunty to ask you that question.. take care! And welcome to the the old woman with a cat club

Punvati said...

I was in a car accident last year. Full drama happened, but it's all ok now :)

You have a cat? :D What's its name?

Mrs White said...

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are better. I believe that everything happens for a reason so you were probably doing way too much.
All the best on the stock market and running. I'm a runner too....working on 10K with a goal of hopefully being able to do my first half marathon by next year.

Mrs White
http://bringingfurmanhome.blogspot.com

Punvati said...

@Mrs. White- Thank you! I don't know about the doing too much bit, but will try to keep doing what I'm doing now. Good luck with your running too. And congrats on the wedding :)