Home

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

The one in which I see little birds flying around my head, like in those Tom and Jerry cartoons

The strangest accidents happen to me when I intern.

Today a box file landed squarely on my head. Where it came from, I have not the faintest idea. It was followed in quick pursuit by an extremely apologetic fellow intern. Which is not to say the intern landed on my head as well.

The file was around a foot thick. It was held together by some sort of twine. Which gave way due to the impact and gracefully spewed hundreds of sheets of green legal paper all over me. Of course, the partner happened to be passing by at that very moment and found me looking very dazed, attempting to gather several handfuls of paper without letting them, or myself, fall down, and failing miserably. I had quite a vivid mental image of Uncle Scrooge swimming in a huge pile of money at that point.

My head hurts.

At least I gave the boss a good laugh. Along with the rest of the office.

Let's hope I get paid now.

13 comments:

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

hahahahaha...I could imagine your expression DVD!! And that got me laughing so hard that my stomach's hurting!

Spaz Kumari said...

THIS is all it takes to be paid at your office?!

i clearly applied at the wrong place.

Divya said...

Dibba, you are much more likely to be paid than I am. I shall duly mooch off you. We are going to watch some movie soon, yes? There you go.

Joyesh said...

did anyone take a pic of ur expression then ?

revelsign said...

before i begin, i state: this is the LAST, repeat LAST time i'm attempting to leave this comment.

that being said, i second the homeless hobo. i love how you said that like you expect to be paid for it.

you know what I should be paid for? the 3 hour-long odyssey-like epic journey that was getting my internet to facilitate the leaving of this comment.

raghu said...

why wud u do that to ur blog? it just looks like a normal blog! :(
i fell down tryin to jump. told u na. got hurt after a very long time. physically ofcors :P

mentalie said...

i hope you get a raise. or at least a beer. for your trouble :)

Divya said...

@Revelsign- Pooh.

@Raghu- I was bored of it ya.

@Mentalie- See, now YOUR attitude I like :D

iyer girl said...

whether u get paid for it or not.. ure chances of getting laid in the broom closet are now minimal to nil.. chi nw dvd!

Divya said...

Tchah.. One track mind you have :P

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

@ iyergirl now YOUR attitude, I like ;)

Spaz Kumari said...

i'd like to point out that the idea pertaining to broom closets, carnal activity and all discussion circumscribing such closets and such activity were solely originating from my brain, and any appropriation of such idea whether in lighthearted fashion or otherwise require license authorised by me or by any of my agents as are duly authorised for this aforementioned purpose.

That is all. :D

s said...

love ur blog!!! Hilarious!