Home

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Old School

I used to be in day care when I was a lot younger. I was in a girls school then, so the very first boys I ever talked to, I met there. There was one particularly nice boy there, Bharat, possibly my first crush ever. He was really nice to me unlike the other brats who pulled my hair and then made fun of me when I cut it really short. He taught me how to do "fugdi" (I still kick ass at it :D) and taught me how to make roses out of ribbons. I completely hero worshipped him.

When I was in the first standard, he was in the third and I remember waiting impatiently till I became two years older so I could "catch up" (?) to his age and be in the same class as him. I'm not sure what exactly I thought that would achieve but well, I was 6. First standard done, I entered the second and experienced a rude shock when I found he had graduated to the fourth. Yes, I know, like duh.

So, when I was 6, I wanted to be older for some strange reason pertaining to the first guy I ever liked, presently unbeknownst to me. Later, I wanted to be older so I could be allowed to go out alone, stay out later, start dating, start drinking, start having my own opinions, start taking control of my own life. And now I have all that. And now, that's quite enough, methinks. This getting older business is overrated.

Damn you, Bharat.

14 comments:

St.Banger said...

why am i not surprised :P

Spaz Kumari said...

...and captain obvious strikes again :P

Spaz Kumari said...

also @suk - you want separate invitation or what? why don't you tag along with divi to see me, eh?

Divya said...

Who's Captain Obvious?

Mustafa said...

nice blog, i have been reading it frm quite a few days,...like your writning style

agent green glass said...

heh heh. fantastically said. its a bummer when the realisation hits you.

St.Banger said...

whoa whoa whoa.. i get a call from divi telling me to entertain her while you come to meet her.. i didn't even know you guys were meeting.. so someone thought i was gonna be a kabaab mein haddi.. this breaks my heart further.. sigh :(

Divya said...

@Mustafa- Thankee :)

@AGG- Gah. I'm old!

@Banger- Shh now don't get all emo :P

Arslan said...

Is a birthday around the corner?

Divya said...

No no... Just generally... :)

Arslan said...

Asked coz I'm bracing myself for a quarter-life crisis to hit pretty soon.. :|

Divya said...

Anticipatory quarter life crisis blues? :P

Happy birthday in advance anyway :)

Anonymous said...

awesome write up girl.

Arslan said...

Ahh, thank you! This has to be the earliest I've ever been wished, coz we aren't even the right month yet.