Home

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Burn. Destroy. Make an omelette.

I like burning things. Actually, I like watching things smoulder quietly. And I don’t just mean things like Gael García Bernal, though that in itself is quite ogle worthy. A piece of paper, set on fire which has been stomped out, though not completely, which has a tiny orange hypnotic bead of fire still inside, running through it quietly and stealthily, making that piece of paper curl and blacken and disintegrate. Destroying from within, without an actual external manifestation of a flame. Neat.

When I lived near the sea, a window overlooked the beach and an old distant lighthouse. Whenever I was down I would go stare out that window into the darkness. This is not to say that I was only down when the sun went down. Pliss to understand. On staring into the distant darkness I would see a faraway pinprick of red coming from the lighthouse. It would disappear. And reappear. 4 seconds later. Counting those 4 seconds again and again till that red dot appeared again was peace.

Now, when I’m down, I find a friend online who realises the importance of finding a random word and brutally assassinating it. The word of the day was egg. What followed was an eggsagerated eggstreme discussion on the eggsistential nature of the eggsplanation of the eggsplicit nature of the egg. Said egg is huge, laminated, has graffiti painted on it and is rolled menacingly at people we don’t like to scare them away. Also, it is called Hugo the Angry. I just heard the oh-so-distinctive sound of all eggs in the near vicinity giving up and dying of eggsasperation. I feel so much better now. My friends are awesome. Also very kooky. Kooky is good. It's a funny word. Kooky. Kooky. Ok then. Bye.

22 comments:

ramsub said...

Have you seen Ice age 3? it features three eggs called egbert, shelly and yoko!

Swayam said...

'Eggsplicit' way better if it becomes eggs-split-it.. :D

St.Banger said...

your title made me hungry

Divya said...

Ramu- so cute :D
Swayam- :P
St. Wanker- unfortunately, me too. At midnight to boot.

Bedazzled said...

seriously babe, u write like magic !!! such graphic words !! write a book,i say !

revelsign said...

i shall eggs post facto eggspire from that eggstraordinary eggsperience. *grin*

i also like to burn things. anything, everything. and not just smouldering flames.

@ramsub: y'know what i'm talking about.

ooh, also, the word verification is eggsproped. fitting. =)

revelsign said...

oh my goodness! almost forgot to pay tribute to the gael garcia bernal reference. *all hail the smolder*

ramsub said...

when you're down and out, you should sit quietly by yourself and inhale and eggshale deeply.

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

What happens when you break an egg?
It is Eggsposed.

@Ramu - You would just run eggceedingly fast up and down :P

ramsub said...

not when I'm having an eggsistential crisis! eggsertion does not help during those times.

Divya said...

@Bedazzled- Just for that, if I ever do write a book, you totally get a free copy :D

@Revelsign- All hail the smoulder.

@All- Eggen it's begun huh... eggad!

revelsign said...

all this pales in comparison to the eggsellence of The Conversation. divvy, you really should just post bits of it up. i really didn't know we knew that many "Ex" words...

Divya said...

Aww... "ex" words... things that used to be words but are now not.. floundering in the bewildering mass of alphabets, wondering what to do... Ok, sorry :D

Also, word verification is "whignof". It's just such a cute word no :D

iyer girl said...

im still asking.. egg came first or chicken.. (doesn matter chicken is more tasty weeeeeeeeee)

Canary said...

hmmm.... well expressed... :)
HApPy NeW YeAr!

kunalk said...

'vindaloo' is one of the most amusing words in the culinary world..... it doesn't have any aloo nor does it have any wind...

mentalie said...

hullo! stumbled onto your blog from AGG's blog roll...what fun you are :)

Divya said...

Hee! Thanks :D

Lavender said...

Well I'd think it's a little weird that you like the sight and sound of things burning if I didn't already have a friend with the same fascination.
he burned his copy of Twilight and almost burned a strand of some girl's hair.
You guys should meet :)

Divya said...

People are using my blog to set me up. Wheee :D :P

I fully sympathise with the destruction of Twilight. But burning, little extreme no? And the girls hair... please tell me it wasn't attached to the girl at the time. I might reconsider meeting him in that case :P

Anonymous said...

Rather unusual that there is a long break in blogging! Waiting for your next blog eagerly!

Friends said...

Join the FRIENDS OF CHHATTISGARH blogging

Click http://www.friendsofchhattisgarh.com