Home

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Imagine all the people...

... living life in spazzed-out mode due to the liberal quantities of acid they have ingested. No? Anyway...

I, my friends, have an overactive visual imagination. Tell me anything and it will play out in my head. But no, not in the normal way- I'm sure that's quite a common phenomenon- else this would be a pretty darn boring blog post. The images in my head are like something right out of the delusions of above mentioned spazzed out people. Tell me a Hindi word I don't know and I will imagine it to be something that I reckon it sounds like and will confidently continue the conversation until someone stops me and points out that I'm making no sense whatsoever and am using a word that means something like audacity to mean lawnmower. But what can I say, it just sounds right in my head.

The first time someone told me I "had the floor" while speaking, I imagined myself in a large amphitheatre surrounded by people with me speaking into a microphone, and when I was done, I gently levitated off the ground so as to signify that it was the other persons turn to talk.

The first time I ever read a P.G. Wodehouse, I saw the name Bertram Wooster and promptly imagined a rooster. Common, you say, Jeeves my man? Well this rooster was a very haughty looking impatient one that was wearing a brown waistcoat and after every minute or so it would pull a large gold pocket watch attached by a chain out of its pocket, flip it open and peer at it in annoyance, tucking it away carefully after it was done.

The first time I heard of the author Thomas Friedman, I immediately pictured a hot road in a desolate desert town. The atmosphere is tense, restless and very sepia. A man with a cowboy hat strides up, reaches into his pocket and menacingly pulls out an egg. He cracks it gently onto the ground where it beautifully gets cooked into eggs sunny-side-up, which he transfers to a plate and jauntily swaggers away with.

I love my imagination. Except for the times my loving friends try to make me cringe in disgust by going on to describe certain unattractive specimens of the opposite sex in extra tiny pieces of clothing. Ugh. The horror... Sigh... Pros and cons...

P.S.- Is this even common? What's the craziest thing you've imagined?

20 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

sigh.. and you're able to achieve all of this without the use of LSD!

revelsign said...

trust me, i have an extremely overactive imagination as well. not to mention all my thought processes occur through visualization.

it backfires horribly when people are talking about things you DON'T want to be visualizing under any circumstances...

cpc bare act ring a bell, divvit? bare. act. =D

Tresa said...

Oh my God! This is so true! Thought I was the only one with a crazy imagination :P

kunalk said...

That will have to be 'Zucchini'.....

Divya said...

@Brick- You only think of beer and LSD don't you :P

@Revelsign- Mean mean mean girl. I shall lock you in the bathroom whenever I can you just wait and see :D

@Tresa- Join the club :P

@Kunal- That was one of the most hilarious conversations I've ever had. :D

revelsign said...

eek. not the bathroom threat! i fold! i fold!

*runs away screaming*

Hakuna Matata said...

Ironic enough, that's a pretty *common phenomena* that we guys have shared.

First discovered it when I mentioned something vile and Dibba went ewww, eWWW, EWWWW!!

And of course, the *May I borrow a CPC Bare act* played out that lizard stuck on the wall image in my mind and *sigh... that was when I discovered you had it too.

Me! said...

"Hard Disk"

... play with "that" for a bit

:D

Thank you!
I quite like your blog too, have been here before...

Divya said...

@Hakuna- The lot of us have a tendency of producing eww images in each others heads right :P

@Me- Already did.. er.. in my head.. when i dropped by ur blog :P And thanks!

Bedazzled said...

i dont blame u for imagining a rooster for wooster...i am sure Wodehouse intended him to look rooster-ish... u do have a fairly abnormal imagination ;-) .. rock on !

indiegurl said...

"my loving friends try to make me cringe in disgust by going on to describe certain unattractive specimens of the opposite sex in extra tiny pieces of clothing. Ugh."

Aw sweetheart, no need to be thankful, it was no trouble at all . ;)

The Hoverer said...

think on and try a new game type out the thing that comes into ur head every time u read the word verification

"folloa" - reminds me on top gun murugun which stars lola kutty .. as in fall loa

Nimmy said...

Hello there,

Do check this link. A guy who thinks he's ultra smart has copied your post word-to-word. http://saipras2000.blogspot.com/2009/10/imagine-all-people.html

Reason why I bother to tell you? I discovered he had copied my blog title and description word to word and then I had the obvious suspicion that his posts must all be 'borrowed' ones too. A bloke who copies the blog title would simply not be capable of writing such cool posts himself. :-) Do you think we can join hands and do something about this? And, oh ya, he has very cleverly disabled comment entries

Punvati said...

Well this seems to be his twitter profile- twitter.com/saipras2000

and his email id is on his profile. I guess we should mail him. Sigh. Such nonsense.

Nimmy said...

That was really quick. Good job, if I may say so! :-) Can't resist the temptation to send him a tweet right away!

Punvati said...

Nonetheless, flag his blog as abuse (top bar) and fill in the complaint form that pops up. Am doing the same. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Nimmy said...

I just did that very thing. Reported abuse. Thanks for the suggestion. (Another friend suggested it a few minutes ago). Let's hope the blog comes down. I think his posts are all copied from myriad sources.

Sukrit said...

done.. thanks divi and nimmy

Punvati said...

Hey, my post on that blog got removed by Blogger. Hope you guys had the same luck.

Nimmy said...

Wow. Good for you. Nope. Looks like my explanation was not clear enough for the Blogger folks. It's the blog title itself in my case. Looks like they were looking for copied posts. Let's see. I've responded to their queries.