Home

Friday, August 28, 2009

I hear thunder...

I live in Jodhpur. I hate the weather in the summers with a vengeance.

But just for the unexpectedness of sudden heavy rain falling in huge hard bullets, cloudy skies, sandstorms, brilliant forks of lightning and crazy tempestuous wind after 3 weeks of unrelenting blistering heat and sun, I love this city.

That, and the cute camels that always seem to be secretly amused at the person that is making them pull the heavy carts on the roads. And the fact that we get fabulous discounts absolutely everywhere simply because we study where we do, from waiters who know us too well for us to need to actually ask for them.

I think my point is made. Ok then.

8 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

being a brother, it's my right to advice you for your own safety.. do not step outta hostels during cloudy stormy days :P

**swordfishh** said...

Cute camels? Really?? Tell me u called them cute just u make ur blog post look more interesting...

ramsub said...

Me Hearts Jodhpur

raghu said...

same here wit waiters n stuff, but not soo much cos we are not girls :P

Divya said...

@Brick- Chup be :P

@Swordfishh- No! They are cute ya!

@Ramsub- Yes :D

@Raghu- No way! Doesnt matter girl or guy yaa... we just go so often that they know us

Bedazzled said...

how i yearn to live in small sleepy town where the waiters at restaurants give me discounts..

As the Mind Meanders said...

Divya,

There is this movie called Ghajini with a very popular song called Guzarish...

Now Guzarish has this line called "Moti honge Moti Raah mein"

Now for some reason... whenever I hear this song... in my weird mind... I see my self walking down this typical small alley in Mumbai at midnight and there are these dogs on the road... many many dogs howling at the moon or barking at each other or for no reason... and the song plays clearly "Moti honge Moti Raah mein"

I dunno if that qualifies as imagination or stupidity...

Cheers

Divya said...

@ATMM- Both I think. Welcome to the club,we thrive on nonsense :P Btw you posted the comment on the wrong post.