Home

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

This post has nothing to do with "Lucy in the sky with diamonds"

When you just wake up at 8pm after a helluva long nap and the computer is just twinkling there in a surreal way in its on mode and sitting there next to you and it's all dark and you can see nothing else until you turn on the light but till then the screensaver is a big bunch of large bubbles floating away on a background of a huge yellow poster of the number forty-two and then you feel you're floating in space somewhere but of course what sort of space has bubbles in it oh perhaps its underwater but underwater wouldn't be yellow silly, and then you turn on the light and the harsh white light jars your sight for a minute, the muted yellowness of the computer lit room disappears and you realise you fell asleep in jeans and a full sleeved tshirt in this bloomin' hot weather, is that asininine or what, oh dear I just misspelt asinine in the most juvenile way possible, and you also realise that the line "picture yourself on a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies" is stuck in your head and for some reason you can only think of purple marmalade and wonder what that would be.. perhaps grape marmalade.. but with grape skin in it, that just sounds weird but that's maybe because you hate it when grape skin gets into freshly made grape juice, fresh grape juice dries out my mouth anyway, and maybe orange is the best kind of marmalade to have after all, and then after analysing marmalade in your head you gaze at your screen with limp arms and heavy eyes which are protesting at being subjected to too much light and thinking you must go drink water before you collapse of dehydration (note to self: stop exaggerating) where seeming nonsense has been typed out not very consciously and think that this post seems even more disoriented than this morning when you spilt scalding tea on someone and then your breakfast on someone else because you were walking around with your head in god-knows-which continent while your feet carried you somewhere else, thankfully not into a wall face-first because that might have been slightly less pleasant.

12 comments:

kedar said...

that's probably the longest sentence ever written in the history of bloggerkind. interesting though.

another brick in the wall said...

i echo kedar and then i add WTF! :D

Even if I do LSD, I won't be able to imagine, all that you've imagined and in fact, I was just wondering sometime back, while on bike, how I lack the power to imagine and how serious a problem that is, me being in a creative field which demands me to well, be creative most of the times, if not all the time, not that I am given much of a choice to play with my creativity as my bosses will always have a concept ready in their heads, which I just have to bring to life and if I am not successful in doing so, then I have to play within limitations and well, that is when I can say, I have to use my limited power of imagination, which I am certain, doesn't exceed much any more and I think it could either be because I am too lazy to think, or I have too many things on my mind all the time, leaving me so engrossed in my thoughts, that the moment I pause to imagine about one thing, something else pops in my head and then I lose track of my thoughts, which aren't that intelligent anyway and no, this I will like to blame on my childhood days, which I generally wasted in whining and crying over things I shouldn't have paid attention to and which never really mattered, but, like we ever learn fast and not like I don't crib any more and who better than you can be the best judge of the same, as although the telephone company does praise me for being their most valuable customer, it is you who truly gets to listen to my pointless rant, for which I have this weird life to thank for unless I want to practise what I preach and I put all the blame on me and my thinking, but then let's just accept that everyone of us is a hypocrite and an idiot at the same time, else we would be living in a perfectly sane or ideal world, all happy and gay, by which I meant happy only and not the homosexual gay, to whom our "liberal" government has finally decided to accept for the time being and the decision, has also been welcomed by everyone in general, but by the idiotic political heads, whom I shall be really soon blowing to pieces, like they do in a movie, but only this time it will be real and the world will be an audience, involuntarily so, but then there are things in life, we not always want to witness and we are still forced to face them, and we can't really blame god for bringing us to this theatre now, can we?

damn! I nearly beat you, but nah! nowhere near your craziness.. my imagination sucks :P

agent green glass said...

this is an acid trip! without going all the way to manali!

Divya said...

@Kedar- I didn't even try :P But thanks

@Brick- I couldnt read ur tirade!! its boring!!! :P :P serves you right for trying to beat me at my own game :P But muah for the compliments :D you know i have a CRAZY imagination :P

@AGG- How cool that I don't even need it no :P (Yes my parents read this blog :P)

Divs said...

@divya - uhmm.. marmalade,grapes, uhmm... zzzzz..
i used to rant like this once upona time! :) all that seems to have .. well.. gone now.

btw.. that zzz was for @suk's comment!! :P

another brick in the wall said...

dammit! i can be funny! ppl shall witness my funny side real soon.. just you idiots wait! then i shall be impressing all the hot chicks in the world with the funny-me. i'll then become like really famous and i won't give you any bhaav and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz over your comments too and then you divyas will realise what they are missing! :P

As the Mind Meanders said...

Breathless...

and then...

And an ode to those who siesta and wakey wake at 8 pm...

I envy...

Divs said...

@ suk - now this was funny.. koi itna bhi dream karta hai ki they will get a hot girl! shouldn it be a hot guy??
kya re!


@divya - hi five! :D

Hakuna Matata said...

dei, idhu unakke nalla irukka?

translation : dei, this for you only nice-aa?

Vedang said...

damn... i ran all the way from Reader to the Blog, wanting to shout *acid! acid!*, but people already beat me to it!

all i can add is, do clue me in on where you get your drugs from! :D

Ghost Rider said...

Almost sounded like Chuck Palahnuik

Alch said...

Hi...Just droppin' by... If you are looking for ways to market your blog, I may help you in some way that I can. Visit Me Here! i will be glad to help you!