Home

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Post #148

No I can't think of a nice title for the post. So sue me. Anyway...

I am sitting on the bed and listening to "Where is my mind" by the Pixies and the BRILLIANT lead guitar is stuck firmly in my head, mingled with the sound of a cigarette lighter clicking on and off continuously in a rhythm and it's forming one weird as hell remix in my head.

A song stuck in your head is apparently called an earworm. Now to my super visual imagination, I can picture a babel fish-like creature which thrives off the brainwaves containing the strains of the song and grows fatter and fatter till it dies of overkill and it eventually replaced by another baby earworm which then suffers the same fate since a song in my head can get unstuck only by inducing another one to get stuck there instead.

I'm back to college after the vacations and I was really looking forward to it. All my juniors looked at me in horror when I said I was waiting to come back and they did their whole "Naheee.. home is the bestest place in the entire world and college is an infliction upon us that 5 years of purgatory will cure." I was that way too once upon a time. Things just happen in college all the time. There are simply so many things to do. After a month of sitting on one's steadily bloating ass and staring gloomily at the television/computer/wall because all your friends are working/studying for exams/attending college instead of meeting you (which is one of the main attractions of coming home in the first place), you just want to DO something. And there's no shortage of that in college. It even gets a bit much sometimes. Also, there's always full on drama all the time. People around you behave as though they are in one big soap opera which is too juicy to not observe. If people are not hooking up, they are breaking up. If they are not breaking up, they are cheating on each other. Ex boyfriend slaps new boyfriend while girlfriend unhappily intervenes. 10 girls gang up on one and yell at her for offending one of their friends. Kleptomaniacs are caught, juniors are ragged, games are played around you and with you. When you're involved, it's not always fun. But it might just be better than mind numbing boredom that arises out of continuous nothingness. Ok it's not. But it's something to do nonetheless.

A friend who is famous for saying the most fantastically insane things without meaning to has already made me rejoice to be back in college and it's been just two days. When she was recounting a story about how some crows were fighting in mid air and she threw a biscuit at them, she popped out this little gem: "Dude the crows just pounced on the biscuit in mid air. It was like Tom Cruise, only it was a crow!" Another time, she remarked on the women who used to keep a maun vrath in the olden days: "If women kept maun vrath, people poured water on their heads. So not only must one be completely silent, one must be silent while water is copiously being poured on their heads. Raw deal man.. what nonsense." On commenting on how boys seem to take pride in giving their girlfriends hickeys, she says "What our necks are Taj Mahals or what that any boy can come and write his love story there?" While bemoaning the lack of any decent guys in college capable of giving us any sort of action she came up with "We might just have to turn lesbians out of necessity. And then we can tell all the guys out there who want us 'IN YOUR FACE... only.. we're NOT!'" And she tops this all off by saying "I am in your room. That means your room is now filled with awesomeness. Consider yourself blessed. I really must sleep, mustn't I?"Ah Dibba, (Divya Srikanth, just for Google's sake) keep it up. We shall keep chronicling this in the name of public interest. Yes, you're most welcome. :D

All hail college life. Now let's hope we get out alive.

13 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

hahahahahah.. you are crazy.. fuck.. the last para is brilliant :D

i'm staring at the screen and laughing my head off :D

Hakuna Matata said...

Naheeeeeeeeee, u stole the thunder from the sequel-in-making :P :D

Anyways, another addition :

While on the subject of adult movies - "Does it look like I come from a family where it is a coming of age routine?"

And yes, u did ur part making us feel at home in college by that six in one sasta session .:P

Why does that find no mention, I wonder?

agent green glass said...

damn. i want to go back to college. growing old is sucky.

raghu said...

haha still laughing :D
craziness

Bedazzled said...

u r getting me all nostalgic now !!! ..college is hazaar fun .. and lol at the gems of your friend..have fun !!!

As the Mind Meanders said...

Divya mate... You can die now... You have accomplished your reason to be... you have give us THE dibba... I saw her blog... and I am thrilled... and I am going to worship this recent incarnation of the god of all rubbish...

I am a fan...

And I think after all this... I forgot to Thank You...

As the Mind Meanders said...

Its strange... but there doesn't seem to be any rationale on why I don't follow your blog...

Divya said...

@Hakuna- have to leave something for you to blog about no :P

@ATMM- Yes my mission in life is to introduce my funny friends :P But I've mentioned her several times before too. And you're most welcome. And she was here when I got this comment and she was sooper indignant at being called the god of rubbish :D

@ATMM again- Fascinating..Well now you know what to do, don't you :P

indiegurl said...

*dignified silence*

Ghost Rider said...

LOL! How on earth did the Crow get related to Tom Cruise! I would certainly pictured that to a dog leaping up to hold a Frisbee, but Tom Cruise! That's way beyond my league!

As the Mind Meanders said...

Divya...

Let your friend that I said that respectfully and as a compliment... rubbish ain't easy... especially when it is deliberate...

Furthermore, she looks at crows, then goes ahead and sees Tom Cruise (without the sunglasses I hope) in them and then gets annoyed with me...

But seriously... I think she is talented... (no jokes)

I am off to her blog... bye

Jayesh said...

Nice post

still laughing :D

Adhirath said...

Haha..oh my! this is awesome.. Never knew Dibba came up with all this....

Btw..the way you've spilled all beans about our college, you know STUFF happening, I all of a sudden realized how the days of our lives in college are nothing less than THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES (refer soap opera)..and on that note, being a greek fan (which i know you havent seen) I am reminded of Rusty's old GF who, while disguising as a Greek pledge, wrote an article about the juicy stuff taking place in the Greek system, of course without taking names..which is the same as you have done! You rock girl!..except, if one of these days my gossip is here for the jobless masses to view ull be dead..on that note ciao! :P