Home

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh the pictures have all been washed in black

On paper, I probably sound like an ultra goth chick who wears black leather, has matted dreadlocks and spends her time lounging in biker bars. Or so a friend of mine proclaimed. I don't even know if such people exist in India really. Why though? I have 5 piercings and a recently acquired tattoo. Go on, tell me you didn't all just draw a collective gasp. Ok, now that everyone has formed a nice scary image of me in the minds due to the help provided above, let me assure you that I am a relatively normal vanilla looking person. Really. Chocolate, if you want to take into account my darkish skin. OHKAY anyway...

The news of my tattoo has been floating on the college grapevine and causing no dearth of excitement, since it's not really very common here, as has the news of a tattoo which another boy in my college has got. Now the existence of this boy in my college was revealed to me only when I overheard the news of his tattoo, and it was probably vice versa for him. A guy friend of mine graciously let me know that he had informed his entire hostel about the fact that I had got a tattoo and now all the boys there now worshipped me and thought I was a smoking hot goddess, but I was second in line to previously-referred-to other boy. Guys are weird.. Go figure :P

Since me and other tattooed boy have had zilch interaction before, I didn't think I could very well march up to him and ask him to pull up his sleeve and show me his tattoo, me being so curious and all. And I really didn't think I could make an exchange offer out of it either because.. well just because... use your imaginations. (Not too much mind you. Yes, I think that's more than sufficient. You can stop now :P) So yesterday, the uber curious and currently tattoo-obsessed me was delighted to see that he was wearing a sleeveless tee in the mess, albeit facing away from me so I could see nothing more than a couple of black squiggles on his arm. So I went over to the other direction and pretended to intently study the mess menu board while all the while trying to peek at his arm. While staunchly ignoring the prices of jeera aloo and handi chicken, I noticed that he had now conveniently turned and was facing the direction I had come from. So I retraced my steps and made a huge show of peering into the dining hall to find an imaginary friend I just HAD to talk to. But by this time, said tattooed boy was shooting me strange why-are-you-acting-so-deranged-you-crazy-woman looks, so I quickly beat a hasty retreat without having satisfied my curiosity after all.

Oh dear, now I sound like a crazy leather wearing gothic stalker lady. Eh it's still my blog. Eat my shorts, all ye judgmentals :D

20 comments:

indiegurl said...

woman, seriously. he's too short for you. you MUST give up this pretence of wanting to look at his "tattoo".

though "tattoo" IS a rather imaginative euphemism for it. ;)

plus, im here. and im prettier. ;) :D

another brick in the wall said...

"Not too much mind you. Yes, I think that's more than sufficient. You can stop now"

deliberate, no? attention seeker you :P :P.. kidding.. maar math

ZiLliOnBiG said...

No, you are *Ultra Goth Chick* who doesnt know what she is.

Now admit it. will you:)

Kaddu said...

What does ur tattoo look like? The image???

Hakuna Matata said...

Vanilla? *snorts*

Woman, showing your collar bone to people is less traumatic than looking like ur showing ur ass to people.

Do you have chocolate undies...err shorts? :D

Divya said...

@Indiegurl- If people think I have the hots for him after reading your comment, I shalt pulverise you and tattoo the word "LOL" on your forehead! :D

@Brick- :P

@Zillionbig- yeah right :P

@Kaddu- it sounds too corny to actually announce here. People will totally tease me. :P But it looks fantastic :D

@Hakuna- hahahaha that only reminds me of Bannerjee sir during your exam now :D :D
And no I am not inviting the entire brigade of.. er.. 7.2 people who read my blog to sample any sort of kinky fantasies you might prefer :P

Adhirath said...

oh k..seriously, that is by far the worst description of your luks you cud have given: 5 piercings and a tattoo...you have no idea what they made you luk like in my head, for a second there I was like what?! and on that note, FIVE..where? when? how? considering I cant recall more than 1 I am shamelessly presuming the other 4 are at places not worth displaying in the public ;) (this time YOU go figure!) he he..

and of course I never saw the sense in getting tattoo at a place where people can't see it (which is exactly what you've done!) damn you sister, I cant even let my mind go lose on that! :P ..of course for public benefit and your own sake let me tell everyone that the desription voix gives to her luks is far from real, for in reality she's just about as much of a Goth as..umm..Sridevi! :P

and tattoo boy?!?! :O HIM!? for one anything above your waist will be ABOVE his line of sight, so its mpossible he saw YOUR tattoo..and two, you dont even want me to start with that.....

and FYI, he isnt the only one with a tattoo but yes I can assure you that from the little bit I saw I DO think it IS two squirrels trying to make out or something!

P.S: Did i tell you the piece was still nice! :P

Divya said...

@Adhirath- HAW! Excuse me.. you king of observation! i have 3 in one ear and 2 in another.. and ive had them for ages! you didnt notice that after 3 years?!?! you are hereby dethroned. thy crown shall be flung into the er.. dirty lake outside Pal Haveli and thou shalt be exiled to go live with the pigeons!

Hey i didnt want a perpetually visible tattoo.. i dont plan on ending up working as a waitress in macdonalds you know

yeah i know.. i know atleast three 5th yrs right now who have tattoos. and tattoo boys tattoo is a guitar with wings ya.. squirrels making out!?!?! hahahaha!

Ah adhi I love you anyway just for the sheer nonsense you spout... you make pulling your own leg so easy :D

Adhirath said...

ahem ahem.....Thats not FIVE! brr...miscalculation...i saw two in the ear...but if you've got in one you've got to get in the other...so counting two piercings in the two ears as different is just DESPERATE :P

its a GUITAR!! damn..no wonder....in my defence, i saw it from really really far away! and it really DOES luk like two squirrels trying to get a go at it! maybe I'll try your strategy of having a look up close, of course without making such a total fool of myself in front of him as you did :P (hmm..guitar with wings..nice one!)

and non sense :O ....fine! this is officially my last comment on your blog...go have your way with all the sense in the world...dont come begging to me later when you run out of funny comments! :P

Divya said...

Blah.. go to hell :P

horny squirrels?? really adhi!?! how much i love your imagination :D

if tattoo boy reads this he will be so appalled :D

and yeah right. u know this blog will die without ur comments and ur too much of a nice guy to let that happen :D

Adhirath said...

ha ha..well, so that its on record..the idea of squirrels came from your post only..somewhere in there you have a mention of squirrels...and till then, I couldnt really figure out which tattoo guy you were talking about, but that but brought me right to it! hence the nickname!

Divya said...

I said squiggles! not squirrels!!

Bedazzled said...

he he .. u funny goth !!...wat tatoo ??.. come on be a sport .. how corny can it get ?..

Divs said...

I wear 5 ear rings for the 5 pierces on my ear..

did u finally get to see his tattoo? is it nice?? n wht have u got tattooed on ur skin? :)

raghu said...

haha its corny, but its still a tattoo :D

As the Mind Meanders said...

A single tattoo is so wannabe.. you gotta go the whole hog :-)

A suggestion... belly piercing... and a tattoo around it... :-D

Go get it girl...

Divya said...

My mom would be so thrilled :P and wannabe eh? Well damn.. i must redeem yourself in thy eyes then oh wise one.. :P

indiegurl said...

@divi - hawt post, have i mentioned?

@meandering mind - sure, and would you next have her wear leather cutoffs and hang around road corners? It seems like a smart career move after all those tattoos no? :D

As the Mind Meanders said...

@ indiegurl
Naah... that's inappropriate... cant wish that for anyone... even as a joke...

@ Divs
I think you can make a great biker...

Divs on a Harley... mama running behind with a belan...

Ghost Rider said...

he he. Didn't know ladies can be this scary too ;-)