Home

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The TV Guide to the Galaxy

When life is boring, we want excitement. When we get excitement, we want some more. When excitement turns into drama, life turns into a soap opera. Now no one wants that. It just seems a lot cooler to be living in a soap opera. Before you're amidst all the thundering background music, big bindis, crying heroines and bitchy vamps of course. Only then we tadpo to have the boring old reality show back.

Now I would like to be living in a perpetual episode of Full House. Everyone is always all happy happy. Or maybe Small Wonder. Then I would have all the cool robotic abilities.

Pah. I know. Life should be one big chapter of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. There's space, depressed robots, planets being destroyed and annoying talking computers. Who's with me?
Disclaimer: Tea does not exist in such a life. Now choose wisely.


12 comments:

The Hoverer said...

hmm... hmm... i was thinking ya i mean hey why not but then the almighty reminded me (word verification :nethi) no tea ... so il think some more before deciding... but personally i prefer excitement in the form of adrenalin rather than the excitement drama thing... anyway thi or nethi will think and let you kno

another brick in the wall said...

life.. sigh.. we're all talking about life.. i crib, you laugh.. we just try to make sense out of utter nonsense called life :P

Divs said...

I think it should be a little bit of That 70's show ,
a little bit of How i met your mother ,
a little bit of animation movie and a little fiction! then life is fun!(who am I kidding! Life is only one stupid saga of boringly entwined mundane activities)

I hate soap operas. Never ever wish that live is a drama.

Swayam said...

been off tv for really long.. tea is all that matters to me..:P but life sometimes plain and simple is so much better than the surprises it throws in.. but then again that is how life is...:)

Virus© said...

We are all depressed robots, aren't we?

ramsub said...

I really don't know what to say to this. I think real life has plenty of drama (soap opera stuff) and excitement (adrenelin rushes)and I don't particularly long for boredom either when in the throes of drama.

Ghost Rider said...

And when there is too much drama, life get boring! Its a vicious cirle, ain't it?

Nice little philosophy there - Life should be a TV Series!

Adhirath said...

hmm....nice one there....ive already blogged about this in detail so i wont go into which TV show id want my life to be. but i sure can say i agree with you. life tends to get boring at times. but you know, that might just be why these soap operas are called "Larger" than life! :P

and no tea....screw you..id carry my own tea bags!

agent green glass said...

yeah. my vote goes for the 70's show. you smoke, you get stoned, you perpetually hang out on a couch at a friends place, and you have ashton kutcher on the same couch as you! that's it...that's where i want to live : )

Kaddu said...

Oops! No tea? I think I'll pass on it then! :p

@ Virus: I'm not a depressed robot; I'm an alien with a mission! :D

Vedang said...

* Correction to the post *: There _is_ tea. It is only *very very very* hard to make

Divya said...

A guy who knows his hitchhikers guide :D ok I guess you would be willing to explain the history of the East India Company to the drinks machine :D