Home

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

So, how was your day?

I always have been known for being exceptionally clumsy. For instance, while climbing up the stairs, I have a propensity for placing only one-third of my actual foot on the stair, so that more likely than not, I tip backwards with my arms flailing in the air, while the person behind me steadies me with great amusement. (Luckily, there's always been someone behind me for me to amuse). Also, I am the only one I know of who is capable of falling up the stairs on a regular basis. Yes, I said up the stairs. Every time this happens, I'm left incredulous as to how exactly I managed this feat yet again...

But this is too much.

I've not done anything funny for quite a while now, so fate decides to go ahead and help things along. So here I am, busily sitting at work with my ass firmly planted in a chair (you know, the rotating swiveling kinds) and I lean back to relax, when my chair decides to have a nervous breakdown. Seriously... it had a breakdown and I sure was nervous when it happened... With a series of groaning noises, it disintegrated in a matter of 4 seconds, broke into 3 pieces, all the while swiveling and rotating, and the next thing I know I find myself in a heap on the floor, to the delight of the whole office and the concern of my fellow intern. As I'm helped up, the office assistant wanders by and comments that we interns always read together, work together, so might we by any chance be sitting on the same chair at the same time? And the guy obviously thinks he's a hoot, since he runs all around the office and repeats the wondrous comment to one and all. Rubbing it in, I must say...

32 comments:

indiegurl said...

HAHA DIVYA BROKE A CHAIR!

God, she has found the one embarrassment I haven't managed to find yet!

And boo to your sad-joke-fying colleague... remember he's never likely to get a date and be happy :D

Divya said...

Achievement huh since you've claimed almost all there are in existence :P

kunalk said...

Oh my God are you alright after the fall??!

another brick in the wall said...

time for weight check? :P

Divya said...

i knew u wud say that u wise ass :P

another brick in the wall said...

they need to get healthy "chairs" no.. for "healthy" ppl? :P

Divya said...

I will kill u... next time we meet.. ill use my "healthy" frame to throttle u :P

preethi said...

u make it sound funnier than it was whn i actually happened yaar !!!
and yea i second 'another brick in d wall' :P
---- "fellow intern"

the hoverer said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the hoverer said...

were both of u on the same chair ?

another brick in the wall said...

hoverer is fantasizing man! :P

arunabh said...

I am slightly confused.
Is the taking candy from the baby bit and falling off from the chair related in some way?

Divya said...

@Preethi- ill stop complimenting u nowu wait and ill evenget u that pink top we saw and force u to wear it :P

@Hoverer- Sad-joke-fying friend,NO! stop fantasizing :P

@Brick- Stop fantasizing because of hoverer :P

@Arunabhb- No ya just 2 random things

Dewdrop said...

:) Nice post... had a gud laugh!

another brick in the wall said...

fantasize bout my sister and my pseudo cousin! you must be kidding me!

another brick in the wall said...

man.. u just made a sicko outta me! damn!

the hoverer said...

no fantasy here... just a genuine question...

Adhirath said...

he he..u fell down?!?!..wow!.. of all the accomplishments, I think this was the only thing remaining!..talk about "weight", EVEN I have never fallen off :P. nope, cant be the weight, im sure its just YOU! OR perhaps, ahem ahem, are you sure you weren't trying to do anything ON the chair?!?!?!?

another brick in the wall said...

alrt div.. no one's fantasizing here.. i guess.. everyone just has weird expectations of you doing stuff on the chair! man.. quite a reputation you have doncha? :P :P :P

Anonymous said...

Laughed my heart out on trying to visualise.

Entertaining post.

Vedang said...

very very funny :)
would have given anything to see the expression on your face when the chair gave way! :)

AB said...

LOL!

Just completed the tag:-)

Divya said...

:D

Bedazzled said...

dropping in here after a long long time ..lol.. poor chair !!;-)

Divya said...

Hawww!! :P

Atreyee said...

You marked a good achievement on my birthday. Though late, had a good laugh over it during the peak hours at my office.

Feel free to share your opinions in my blog as well.
http://atreyee.wordpress.com/

Wisdom said...

Hi Guys!
Just wanted to send in a quick update- India's First book on corporate blogging written by top CEO blogger Rajeev Karwal and social media researcher Preeti Chaturvedi titled "Corporate Blogging in India" was launched at the Oxford Bookstore in Delhi on the 10th of Dec. A hardback version of the book, priced at Rs 345 is available at all leading bookstores. We have created a blog for the same at Corporate Blogging in India. If you don't find a copy at some bookstore, please order the same through our website www.wisdomtreeindia.com

Ghost Rider said...

Interesting there! Ive been running through a period of bad lucks with chairs too... Changed three chairs in the last one month at office. :-) First time here. Will frequent more.

BTW, thought "as easy as taking candy from a baby" was a phrase used for sarcasm :-)

Divya said...

Didn't break any i bet :P And thank you... and no way! its so not a sarcastic remark!

workhard said...

You should try the steps they have at the gym, will give you enough practice...


BPO work from home

Sam said...

Real funny.. had a good laugh :)

sam said...

oh.. btw, believe me if you will, I was going through your "good read" stuff.. and I came across "a pot of thoughts".. that's same as my blog url.. :)