Home

Friday, November 14, 2008

Things change

There was a point of time during which several people thought that I was the most mushy person in existence. And hey, I agreed… I would be nostalgic to the point of swooning, romantic to the point of being slapped by people, and verbose to the extent of getting a parched throat.

There was a point of time, during which K was the most wooden person in existence. He would cough at any sign of affection. He would mock any fragment of sentimentality. He would laugh at my romanticism and as for nostalgia... Well let’s say he has a memory that would put a goldfish to shame, so that’s out of the question for sure…

And now?

K is so mushy, he’s trying to perfect the art of being a modern day Shakespeare. He spouts such sweet mushy stuff that I hold my head and try to comprehend it without falling off my chair. He talks in such an abstract manner that I get an aneurism from attempting to comprehend it all. He is so quixotic that one hopes that his girl is from the Victorian era, so that she may reply in tandem with him. His chats are so prosaic that I stare at the screen for 6 minutes and blink rapidly till I can reply.

And as for me… I am anti-mush and to the point. I want to get rid of nostalgia, me and my freakishly good memory for the mundane. Non sentimentality is my goal and needless to say, I’m not prosaic anymore.

Things change huh...

22 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

oh you bet they do :P

Divya said...

Thus spake Mushman No. II...

Anonymous said...

Wooden my foot!!!
What keeps you on the chair and not on the floor, what makes you stare at the screen for 6 mins and not seconds is your relation to what you call the mundane..... when it is exactly the opposite of the mundane..... Sentimentality cannot be achieved. It's an innate property that can only be subdued or surfaced.
Who says you're not prosaic after all what you said has been read??? Yes, things do change I'd say....

Divya said...

K- Oh i did mean mundane. What i meant was i have an excellent memory for anything that is non-academic...
But yeah i agree.. the sentimentality is not gone forever im sure.. i just want to bury it for a while.. long while..
prosaic compared to you ok... any of the recent chats would be enough proof of that
and u took offence to that despite the disclaimer?? really???

Anonymous said...

not offence. I'm the last person to be offended by chitter chat about myself and my state of bliss.... I was just being scratchy.....

another brick in the wall said...

things are hotting up on the comments page :P

wtf is that about mushman no. II.. who the fuck? :P

Hakuna Matata said...

rotfl!

>>>mushman! Like mohabbat man? LMAO! *Imagines costume

Divya said...

Im thinking red chaddis on the outside, with hearts all over them.. what say fr my designing? :P

another brick in the wall said...

mohabbat man! dude.. take off that freaking comment.. this is tarnishing our images.. you will be sued for libel and slander [whatever fits]

the hoverer said...

an interesting reaction from the brick huh ? interesting usage of the word 'our image' seems like the 'brick' has also softened considerably into a mohabbat man in his own sweet romantic way ;-)

the hoverer said...

as for the post its a very interesting observation and a lovely example to show how things change and how...its just like a time will come your today wont recognize the person you were 6 months ago.

Divs said...

Yes. I was all it once too :D.
Can't say it's totally gone.
But being mushy had definitely been done with! Now its replaced by a sarcastic grin which says.. well.. wth!

n hey! you lady are a great designer! :P red hearts walaa chaddi! you forgot heart shaped red eye gear! :D :P

Divya said...

Perfect! Now who said robin was gay.. wait for the mushman for that :P

another brick in the wall said...

hoverer: false accusations man.. i'm still "wtf" guy

the designer div[y]as: The Mushman - Your dream [fantasy??] come to life, no?

anuj said...

Things change ..

but is it for the good? or do we even have to think in those terms at all ..

Personally, my viewpoint would be that the earlir self would have been much better then the one now .. or may be from now you can move to an emalgamation of the two.. which could be very tempting too .. mushy & serious ;)

cheers

indiegurl said...

i was going to be a smartass but im going to go with the gut:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

there. you knew i was going to say that anyway ;)

Abhu said...

oh yes!!! they surly do:) and its only when u look back at things do u realize how much things have changed. my friend once told me, "stand and look at the things around u, u will find everything to be the same. Look back, and u will see what has changed." :)

Divya said...

@Anuj- well you never know that change might be just around the corner and that will surprise me too :)

@Indigurl- Yo funnygirl.. i think ur mistaking K here for another K... not really what you're thinking.. buzz me on gtalk fr clarifications if u want :)
And yes i did :P

@Abhu- And it takes place so subtly that u dont even realise it :) wierd life is...

raghu said...

haha
i go with indiegirl :D

Sneha said...

ditto

(i don't know what's happening, but seems like the appropriaaate response)


awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Divya said...

Stop the awwws ppl :P its really not what u think! :D

the hoverer said...

i'm very confused here what is that everyone is thinking i want to kno