Home

Monday, June 30, 2008

Livin’ it up at the Hotel California

K is the manager of a hotel in California. If it's the very reputation of the hotel or K’s sheer fine luck I know not, but this hotel seems to attract customers of the hilarious kind. Since K refuses to start his own blog and hinted that he wants this up here, here you go, out of the kindness of my heart. For your reading pleasure, this episode is about the adventures of Lord Krishna and Mrs. S. Think it sounds like a new cartoon appearing on our Hindi-cized version of Cartoon Network? You’re not much off the mark about the cartoon part.

Act 1:

Enter Mrs. S from London, a regressive healing expert with clients in California, looking for a hotel room. Our very own K graciously shows her to one. Mrs. S is overjoyed.

“The energy in this room is very positive, Krishna Krishna…”

“What perfect vaastu, Krishna Krishna…”

“Can I have some toast and a pot of tea sent up here please, Krishna Krishna…”

Exit a satisfied Mrs. S, leaving behind an amused hotel.


Act 2:

Enter K, acting very managerial, at his desk. Phone rings.

“Hello. Hotel California. How may I help you?”

“This is Mrs. S. I would like to book a room for Saturday please.”

I’m sorry Mrs. S, we have no rooms available on Saturday”

“Krishna Krishna, Now what do I do!?”

Exit an apologetic amused K.

Act 3:

Enter K and Mrs S. Luckily, there is vacancy today.

Mrs. S: “Can I have the same room I had last time?”

K: I’m sorry Mrs S., but that room is occupied.

Mrs. S: “Krishna Krishna…”

K: “But we do have Room 101 for you. It has a king bed, very comfortable. I’m sure you will like it.”

Mrs. S: “Oh no... Krishna does not like the ground floor…”

K: “…………… (Stifled laughter) We do have rooms on the second floor. How about this twin bedroom?”

Mrs. S: “What will I do with two beds Krishna.....?”

K: “The only free single rooms we have are on the ground floor actually….”

Mrs. S: “Oh… Krishna… Show me another room then…”

K: “Here you go. Another twin bedroom.”

Mrs. S: “Oh this room is good. Krishna will like it very much. But I only need one bed. The other one I leave to Krishna.”

K: (Under his breath) Krishna help me…..

Exit K, leaving Mrs. S who is rearranging the angle of the mirror and humming something that sounds suspiciously like Teri aankhein bhool bhulaiyya.

THE END

15 comments:

Hakuna Matata said...

*grin, entertained thoughts of a clandestine lover?? Or better still..is it the new *sniff and *snort and *get drugged?

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’
And in the master’s chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast

:D , nice post, off beat!

SannoySpeaks said...

Yes it was nice to read... but at the risk of sounding really stupid, I must say - did it mean anything more than what met the eye?

And btw - new get up on blog... why may i ask?

Hakuna Matata said...

CLARIFICATION

The hotel california reference got me thinkin that Mrs S is either a drug addict or her clandestine lover is Krishna Krishna. :O

Apparently not. Im twisted, ur not. Kudos :P

Divya said...

@Hakuna- No no. umm... no no :S
@Sannoy-No.. why would it? what did u think?and why are people thinking that?
oh and just.. got bored of the old one.. ur opinion?

raghu said...

arrey evryones thinkin drugs cos the song hotel california is about drugs!

SannoySpeaks said...

@Divi

I liked the more, lets say, soothing colours that made up ur blog.

And you really need to tell me a little more about this post.

Divya said...

Ok... so far all the girls like this, the guys prefer the old one. almost. oh well.

nothing to explain as such. this happened to a friend. I found it very funny. I posted it. That's about it actually... howsat?

ray said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Ma voix’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Adhirath said...

umm...what?!..i mean, i need a clarification..is it supposed to be this way only?! I mean..its umm funny no doubt..but just so..blaaah..u get it..

tell me the who when how what and why of this post please?!

PS: whatever the meaning, it was nicely written ;). did it actually happen to a friend of yours? so you have hotel managers of California as your friends? oooh la la! now i need to get closer to you! ;)

Divya said...

Yes.. blaah.. indeed :P
when where etc etc.. later.. in person...
yes to a friend of mine.. and oh trust me it wont help.. he probably wont give even me the discount i keep threatening to take if and when i ever go there :P

kunalk said...

on second thought, I might just offer you a discount on 3 or more nights but with black out dates and minimum revenue requirements and with all other restrictions. My kindness is now bestowed upon you.
Krishna Krishna.....!

Divya said...

Honoured indeed. Am I blessed or what :|
All I need is a few more posts up here about you and I get free accommodation... Whoo!

another brick in the wall said...

so what's the deal with krishna?does he get in bed with Mrs.S finally or wat?

Divya said...

tsk tsk... bad.. very bad... :P

Lorie said...

Keep up the good work.