Home

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Great Eastern Ramblings: Part V - Back to the heat

Day 8 - Gangtok sight seeing

Nice. I saw monasteries with tiny little monks and old old monks. Both are adorable! I saw a bunch of girls come to visit the monastery, dressed in minidresses and stilettos. Quite stupid considering it's a place of worship situated at quite a height and one has to climb for a good 10 minutes to get there.

Apart from that, the interesting sight I saw was a bunch of fish grazing on grass... Cute.

Day 9 - Way back home.

This was one of the most frustrating days ever. In case you didn't know, I don't have much patience. And this was the day I had to take a flight from a tiny non-air conditioned humid airport to Calcutta airport where I had to wait for a good 6 hours till my next flight home. Not fun. Not the best ending to such a brilliant holiday. If not for a trusty BlackBerry, I might not have survived. But hey, you gotta keep the balance, huh? Oh well, back to the humidity and heat of Bombay. You gotta love it :P

I'll end the series with a picture I took of a road sign. Slightly mis-quoted but you get the gist of it.


And as I told a friend of mine, if you don't see Sikkim before you die, you should kill yourself.
:P

1 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

wat a quote.. in the pic! :)
oh u need to send me all these pics