Home

Monday, November 12, 2007

I think I’m trying to make a line. It might not be straight though.

It started with chain mails. The stupidity of them all… Don’t you just get irritated when you get a mail saying “Forward this to 262.56 people in 20 minutes or a bird will throw an egg at your head!” Ok, personally, I do. But think out of the box. Out of the egg even. I have turned into one big egg-etarian nowadays. Maybe if that happens, I will want to catch the egg and cook it! Now there’s no problem as long as it’s a chicken egg and you actually see the chicken throwing it at your head and very obviously missing (but maybe you’re just very good at ducking… In that case the bird throwing the egg at you certainly won’t be a duck because imagine out-ducking a duck... it’s ridiculous! Ok getting back… imagine if you just have an egg thrown at you but didn’t see which bird threw it at you...would you still eat it? Or would I still eat it? Knowing the egg head that I’ve become, if it looks reasonably like a chicken’s egg, I just might… Of course I wouldn’t if it’s green and meant to be eaten with ham (I am a vegetarian after all (Sorry Dr. Suess)). Getting back again… Another situation… what if the person who had the egg flung at their head was not me but say my cook.. and imagine if the egg was seen to be thrown by a pigeon but was actually stolen from a sparrows nest…. And if the egg looks small, brown and very tempting, he might just cook it for me hoping to please me and get a raise in the process (it’s so hard to get good help nowadays…) and what if I love it? I want more… I tell him to make more… now the guy has to get more of these eggs…but only he thinks they are pigeons eggs… he would get those and see that they are neither tempting or brown and would thus be in a quandary. And thus in not making more of those eggs for me, he would stand a chance of losing his job or just disappointing me very much… see how much trouble chain mails can lead to! So people, just don’t send them!

Ok drifting apart from that particular point to a whole new one in probable a different plane (see heading), why would the pigeon steal the sparrows egg? Considering how stupid pigeons are, it probably thought it was its own egg and just took it, only to realize with fury that you hadn’t in fact forwarded that mail to 262.56 people in 20 minutes. So it throws the egg at you... Oops… All that effort of taking that egg with all that “thought” put into being more stupid than normal vanishes… Sigh…

A million thanks to Hoverer for helping me start this and to Another Brick in the Wall for providing his invaluable pigeon-brained 2 cents to get me to write this!

8 comments:

suk said...

egg eater now.. i'd said earlier.. gettin influenced is one thing.. copying is simply pathetic :P

out-ducking a duck
hhahaha

ok since when did the cook start "buying" or "fetching" food? cook's only job is to cook food.. so u gotta fetch the egg for him sweety

and u r welcome.. i am happy to be rated dumb.. that way ppl wont ever expect me to do anything intelligent.. phew! so much burden off my shoulders! :P

Divya said...

Excuuuse moi... if you'venoticed.. i haven't copid a single thing! not even the silly getting into the sparrows nest thing which is the onlything u actually said abt the whole convo :S

Well he's my cook isn't he.. ill tell him wat to do... give ur insanely sensible orders to your own cook! :P

another brick in the wall said...

of cors u have.. now even u are egg-lover.. hadh hai! :P
and seriously.. whoever's gonna be ur cook.. man u need to get a contract signed before u employ him else am sure hez gonna run away the first day! :P

the hoverer said...

i think u should write a book on pigeons. no seriously i have never seen any one at all ever talking about pigeons with as much zeal and fervor and passion as u. i think with a lil more work and nonsense u will in toto realize the entirety of the nonsense that pigeons are. great work kudos

Divya said...

Hahahaha! Ok ill make sure to include that :P

Divya said...

and hoverer.. wanna help?

SannoySpeaks said...

Stream of (un)consciousness... a million thanks for the joyous read

Hakuna Matata said...

You.deserve.each.other.