Home

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Legally Brunette

Being in law school can get to you in a while... Now I’m speaking like one who’s been here for years and braved all that college has to throw at me but that’s not so.. Just in my 2nd semester and just in a mood to whine.. that’s all…

This place has made me get addicted to my laptop… It has definitely cut down my TV watching capacity and inclination but there’s a steep rise in my ability to sit with the computer… So much that I’ve started speaking the language as well… I saw a cute card and just kept it because I liked it… how did I tell a friend about that? I told him that I “saved” the card…. I bumped into my fridge and almost jolted it off the stand... What did I mentally exclaim? “Oops! Ctrl+Z!!” And sometimes it gets so odd and muddled up inside that head of mine that I just want to press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” and make some sense of it all… Ummm………

That’s one aspect… Another is that, just after a moot or some such heavy duty law research event, everyone becomes “Your Lordship”. During attendance in any normal class, “Roll no. 429… Yes Your Lordship!!!” You read a book... any old novel, and you act like you’re reading a case… you come across something you think “rebuts” an earlier point and you immediately want to reach for a highlighter…. You repeat something a friend told you to someone else and immediately “footnote” him… Ummm………

Life is bright but dull at the same time… you want to work but don’t want to at the same time. You’re determined to be all sincere and hardworking but really cant work up the inclination to do so… Once it starts I’m sure the flow will continue but the ignition is taking some time to flare up… And now I’m thinking of a silly joke in which you have to make a scooter lean 60 degrees to kick start it… Yeesh… :P

So I get the whining out of my system, give myself some satisfaction of blogging again and go to find my keys and go try and kick start the old vehicle.. Ciao world…

24 comments:

another brick in the wall said...

first thing u oughta do is Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V every freakin event that u've not told me in these past 2 months cz u hav been ultra busy :(

then u sleep more of those 12 hr sleeps tht u did 2 nights back!

then.. (umm.. never the rt person to say ths but nevertheless..) FOCUS :P.. kidding

ok.. since sometime now sundar's been so much into buying a "khamba" that the other day whn he went 2 get a deo for himself.. he told the shopkeeper "doosra batao.. iska aadha khamba pada hai mere ghar pe ab tak" :S

Divya said...

Hehehehe awww ill catch you up soon.. pucca...
no more sleepin fr so long!! i'll die!!!
ummm.. ya i need to :P
khamba!??

Adhirath said...

he he..gud re..i must say divi..u r getting beter at whining day by day..learning from me huh..ok on a serius note- the piece is nice: light and crispy!..like tht monaco ambi eats!..can relate to it totally f crs..and yeah, u just inspired me to start writing wht i m the best at: whining!

hoverer said...

Apart from that one thing i would like to add about getting used to using your lap top, you actually get so used to using your own laptop that when you are forced to use another comp, your fingers just don't move, its like 'juties' they don't have a left and right foot they develop on being worn, similarly your fingers just get accustomed to the keyboard.

raghu said...

dnt wrry belive it or not.. v LOOOVEE the arguments u law students come up wid.. simply astoundin!
so 4 dat rebut evry point in the old novel.. its good!

betty said...

hiya... nice piece... seriously gurl u r rite... wate e call...even shas3ism is hangin in!!!! ;)

another brick in the wall said...

divi.. take someones advice seriously.. its imp tht u learn 2 use ur fingers on other keyboards too.. its imp 2 adapt u kno.. helps i long run :P

Divya said...

yes.. thank you soo much.. will keep tht in mind..

one tight slap the next time i meet u!! :D hahahaha!

another brick in the wall said...

y u slappin me yaa? am jst tellin u 2 follow ppl's advice so u blend better wid thm.. (no tht u dont rt now.. but u can blend still better u kno :P)

kya yaar! isnt it finally all about adjusting and adapting 2 "other's" needs? :P

Divya said...

Of course... thats y i thanked you!!!
Ahem...

raghu said...

heehe..ill slap him too..:D:D
awsome!

Divya said...

I have support! Yay!!

raghu said...

yes me is always wid u..eerrr..actually me is always agist sukrit.. dushman ke dushman.. mere dost!

another brick in the wall said...

y r ppl so keen on slappin the good ol' me? i'm busy spreading goodwill n stuff like tht :P

another brick in the wall said...

holy shit.. backstabbing raghu.. and here i kept on claimin b4 the world tht thou art my true luv! oh betrayal! i cant stand it! :P

Erce said...

Loll...true enuf....how i wish I cud [Esc] some of those consti classes :p
and Alt F + X some of those obnoxious profs!!

neways...nice piece ther divs..

Anamika said...

fantastic lady.. good u get so involved.. i stay so hellishly detached.

Sojourner said...

I remember when i kept wanting to "undo" things :P
sooner you learn "abstraction" the better... and you will coz.. that means "survival" or "going mad" :)

cheers counsel.

crazyaboutyou said...

life is like that babe!!!!
enjoy. learn from me.

raghu said...

heya i jus added tabs 2 my bloggy.. it came out neatly.. the funny thing is coincidentally the tab "me" is betwn deep n fun!
hahah..lol!

Lost-Lawyer said...

one tight slap the next time i meet u!!

damn...is it at you get 4 helping people these days??? shit, did i spend a long time in mars that i lost track of changing tracks???

Divya said...

Heights... i lost some books and was just thinking how nice it would be do press "Ctrl+F"... hadh hai!!

SannoySpeaks said...

without prejudice to any of your previous posts, it is most humbly submitted that this was just way too good...OMG i loved every bit of it. in fact we all could categorically "date and walk" with every tit bit that u provided us with. Brilliant is the word :)

raghu said...

sannoy hasnt read all the posts..im sure.