Home

Thursday, December 07, 2006

For the first time...

Had originally written this when I first came back home... actually on my first day of work- 16th November, but as it always is with posts I plan on writing… they always get delayed….

Well, after 4 months of Law school, I’m back home and I swear it does NOT seem like 4 months have gone by. During the course it seemed like this time would never come, but now it just feels like the whole thing just raced past… At the time, the tedium was unbearable; work, hectic schedules, CREs, tests, sleepless nights… but now all I can remember are my friends, late nights chatting in the hostel going out to the city in a group, walking at night and chilling on the football field after dinner… just the good times... It’s odd how the grass is always greener on the other side… Over there I was dying to come home, now I’m feeling so restless that I wouldn’t mind going back. But it’s only for the part of college other than the academic block of course…:P

When I came back home from the station, luggage and all, it just felt like I was returning after shopping or something…The old roads and buildings seemed so familiar, it seemed like I had been seeing them everyday. But then I remember that I was away for 4 months and memories of Jodhpur come trickling back, making me wonder… Did I really do all that?!

I once heard someone say that the first part of our life at NLU, those first 4 months, they would be like a crash course in our lives and I must say that is perfectly true. Chock full of first times… first time away from home, first time in a hostel, first time up north, first time doing anything not related to science, first time travelling to other cities with friends, first time roaming the streets of an unknown city alone (Delhi), first time going for an inter college fest, first time I’ve had such a big group of such jovial friends, first love, first time I’ve opened up to people in ways I never thought I would or even could… At the end of it all I think I’ve changed… I can feel it…

And now in Bombay, I must go to work… Hearing that makes me feel like I’ve been pulled big time… like given a jolt that’s made me grow up double quick in the last 4 months… Well, maybe at the end of 5 years, I’d have grown up and changed beyond recognition! Here’s to college life and to more first times!

19 comments:

sun4none said...

hehe.. so nice.. i hav so much to type on ths.. but well.. it'll get moderated.. :P .. so here:

recall whn i first talked 2 u.. u were leavin for jodhpur.. u seemed real confused (n yeah! excited.. but still more confused.. hehe).. few days we got on 2 mailin each other.. tht was cool.. i had kinda quit from the world back thn n u had jst enterd a new world.. thn i recall all the long telephone conversations.. the stupid talks.. (yeah! even my dad wont forget those.. cz of the bills :P).. thn me kickin ur ass over u gettin freaked out over every single assignment.. thn the BIG TORTS PROJECT :P.. thn the CRE.. haha.. u bloody got a nice 73 n u still bitched bout it.. idiot! all in all.. thn u got adopted 2 the new thngs n kinda submerged in tht world.. it was nice.. cant tell if u grw up really.. cz i dint kno u before ths.. but well.. u did get adapted 2 tht life and suddnly u stopped bitchin bout the hectic shit tht u had 2 live thru! :)

can feel u wanna go back there n get tht life started again! now there'll b excitement n zero confusion really! hehe.. so cool eh! now u kno wats waiting there.. :P.. hav fun kido! tc!

alex said...

Well,
Life in a hostel will be fun with the right kind of crowd. So Enjoy! :)

Sumit said...

hmmm...nice way of penciling down thoughts....keep it up...
Sumit

Sojourner said...

:)
so true... we are force fed these emotional growth hormones sometimes!
You make so many "firsts" and after a while you would have done all those things you had once awed about, without even noticing that you are doing them now.strange.

Have fun!

Marc said...

Kya mamu, sab ka life mein sab kucch first time toh hota hi hai re... tension nahi leneka :D

rsancheti said...

hehe, was a nice read, Divya !

i was immediately taken to my moments....at the Law University...

NICE !

hav fun !

raghu said...

i hav bin rejected twice.. for the 1st time.. TWO TIMES my COMMENTS hav bin moderated..:(((
first time exp may nvr b the best.. but dats sumthin vll nvr forget..its jus 4us 2 rmbr.. cherish.. learn.. n live with.

betty said...

gr8 work div!!! y din u mention gettin locked in ur own rooom..????hehe(evil grin)..

Divya said...

You wicked girl.. yes yes.. she's the utter kid who lockes people in their own rooms and plays innocent!!! Grrr... Hehehe

raghu said...

omg.. chalo good comment nw.. it must b up2 the mark
:P
great descript be.. kinda reminds me of my 1st yr in rjhns.. ven i came in all alone..wid no pals n stuff.. n den landed up meetin amazin ppl.. ya.. skools wierd.. i wanta hols.. but durin hols i want skool
:D

Sneha said...

oh god div, that sounds like lots of fun in much too less time!! enjoy your days at home :))

ps. hahahaahahhh (you know why iam laughing)

Divya said...

It is fun...

PS- Umm.. well... Ur not as evil as Raghu... :P

raghu said...

evil girl.. deserves evil comments frm an evil boy

Divya said...

Haaw... Hehehe

sun4none said...

cant believe ppl are actually beating me in being evil! grr.. but u moderate comments! not fair! :P

raghu said...

ya sukrit.. shes evil she will obvi moderate ur commnts.. im completely against such evil ppl whose only intention is 2 hurt ppl..
so i abs hate dis evil gal called viya.. whose green sneerin eyes(her dp) scare the hell outta me

Erce said...

Homes a place u grow up wanting to leave...and grow old wanting to get back ;)

Deepak Gopalakrishnan said...

[ell, maybe at the end of 5 years, I’d have grown up and changed beyond recognition! Here’s to college life and to more first times!]

So, have you?

Punvati said...

More than I'd have imagined :)