Home

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Water baby

Ah the rains are here again!! I love the rain, I really do.. Come this time of the year and it’s perpetually cool, pleasant…The world outside looks as soft as the clouds in the sky.. The sun is hidden (just the way I like it), the world is fresh, and everything is green, yes, even in Mumbai!! I love this season!!

The sound of the heavy downpour, the impaired vision out the window because of the curtain of rain.. Divine..

I look out the window and see the water dripping from the leaves of the coconut tree, the usually brazen drenched crows crowding for cover, the adorable little kitten getting terrified of the huge puddles in the road.. Sigh…

Now the other window… The sea getting violent, huge waves roaring, the fishing boats bobbing about wildly, the beautiful effect of the combination of the grim sky and raging waters... Gorgeous..

There are few things that can be compared to getting soaked in the rain.. It’s such a delight! Provided you’re not carrying important books or the like… Football in the rain, running around, carrying an umbrella to placate mom but discarding it the moment you’re out of her sight… Come the rains and I’m a total kid again!! Just like the pleasure of gorging on piping hot pakodas and coffee when it’s pouring outside is unparalleled! After the harsh summer, I always await this time of the year so impatiently… I’m so going to miss it all…

P.S.- Ok sometimes the rain can get annoying, especially when it floods the roads or halts trains, hence canceling plans.. But the pros outweigh the cons! Well sometimes at least.. Yup you got it, I’m adding this post script because my plans just got cancelled!:)

5 comments:

just_a_girl said...

Hi Divya! Nice to know you!! :)
Loved ur profile!

And the only sad thing about rains is its a pain to take evening walks if u dont wanna get wet!!
(about losing weight ;))

will read more of ur blog in a day or two, after i am through with this presentation i have 2 do! :D

sneha said...

yea.. i love the rains(when i don have to go out anywhr) .. ur post made me nostalgic bout the times when i used to go cycling around in my colony during the rains(of course, i was a kid back then.. hehe)... nothing compares to tht joy!!! yep, mumbai rains r the best... especially near juhu beach.. the wind on my face used to drive me crazy!! i miss those days!!!

raghu said...

arrey dis summer i din feel hot only..... n so da rains ver completely unxpected but i jus love dis climate dou it doesnt suit me..lol...football wid out d muck is fun ... n i jus like wearin my wind shielder ... lol...n vel orkut rox yaar... i got 2 hemalis blog also frm orkut only...n urs nishus n snehas 2...

nishu said...

rain and i must rush outside do a silly rain dance ,must get drenched, but are monsoons officailly here i don think so .
this is jus a small prelude.

KarthikPrabhu said...

Hi.....I love nature like u...wow frm ur post i came to know the enjoyment of plesant climate in mumbai....here in coimbatore also very cool and beautiful climate..i love rains...with nearby greenish location ...i think u also like that