Home

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tweet tweet: Part II

Why can’t I sleep at night? I think too much- I pretty much sorted that out last time. Part of that is due to my tendency to create stories in my head.

I first started this when I was 9 or 10 years old (as far as I can remember). Before sleeping, I would make up stories and this soon became a nightly ritual before I fell asleep. Soon I was doing this all the time- while waiting for the bus, while walking to class, while cutting onions… you get my drift. But mainly, before falling asleep. But this backfired on me as my stories kept getting more and more interesting. So interesting, in fact, that that kept me up, clamoring for a nice ending, a solid believable plot and script. And of course, I had to oblige.. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but I was so sleepy!! Seems like I’m my own worst enemy, huh?

It’s also interesting to note that no one would actually believe this of me by knowing me as I appear to be, or as I think I appear to be, or as I think people think I appear to be. No one might have guessed that I’m this Divya-in-Wonderland sort of person because I really don’t look it. I appear very practical and down to earth (I think), but I don’t know if I am!! Well I am, just not in the conventional sense.. if that makes sense.

Well, I guess I’m just a dreamer trapped in the body of a non-dreamer (intellectual if you will)!!

P.S.- Again done at night, so hopefully no explanation required.

3 comments:

Anshuman said...

r the stories sumthin like-i wud do this, then that, then that will happen, etc etc coz i do that all the time even thinkin abt what i cud hav done instead of wat i had done.sorry for my rumbling but i thought i was the only one with a sleeping disorder.

Divya said...

Well, not exactly... I figure you can't already change what has happened, so i make grand dreams about what i would like to happen in the future... Very pleasant too!

sun4none said...

told ya.. u ARE My lost twin!